Cannes Film Festival Day Two

First of all, day two started a bit slow due to day one. I overslept and barely made it to the Festival before 11 AM. However, the first screening I wanted to go to was at 1:30, so I went back to the Marché to explore more of the booths. I went up to the Lerins section of the Marché, and fell into conversation with the sweetest German woman from ARRI. She was happy that I spoke to her in German rather than English, and introduced me to the president of Hof Filmtage, the largest film festival in Germany after the Berlinale. Both of them were so nice, and told me to come back tomorrow, especially if I was struggling to get tickets to things I wanted to see.

Getting tickets has not been much of an issue, however. Having a market badge means that I have not had any trouble getting into the buyer showings thus far. The film I saw today, Nur Eine Frau, was a German film that I had wanted to see for some time. It was a narrativized account of Hatun Sürücü in 2005, which sparked outrage throughout both Germany and the Muslim community. The film itself was so jarring and haunting, and although it was definitely a dark film I really enjoyed it.

After that screening, I explored the pavilions for a bit, before deciding to go see For Sama. However, the line was too long and they stopped letting people in before we could get inside. It was still definitely worth the effort, and we went to the AmPav for the Member Party. We met a few interesting people, but as someone who does not want to go into filmmaking per se, it was a bit hard to network with screenwriters and the like. However, I love talking to people, so meeting so many different people with different career paths was wonderful.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flawless Film Review

Never Look Away: German History Through the Lens of Art

Cannes Film Festival Day Five