Cannes Film Festival Day Ten

One thing I've learned about myself during this festival is that I am amazing at rallying. Also, if I feel terrible, I have good karma.

I woke up this morning, still not feeling great but considerably less nauseous, so I took that as a sign that I should jump back into the swing of things. And we got into the 11:15 screening of Parasite, so I got to see it after all! We had to get in line two hours before but after seeing it, it was so worth it. After the last couple of days I've had, seeing a film that was so amazing was just really what I needed.

After that, Rachel and I went to Starbucks to work on our reviews. After working there for a while, Rachel got an update from the Cannes app that Leonardo DiCaprio would be presenting another one of his environmental documentaries in a special screening, so we last minute sprinted over to the Salle du 60 and got in and saw Leo and Orlando Bloom (as in, they were right next to us and there is a video somewhere of us looking like fools around them which might end up on the Internet...would not be the first time this has had happened this festival. Check the #andthenwedanced on Instagram if you feel inclined, the video of us and Levan keeps getting reposted so I guess I'm famous now...whoops.)

We left the documentary, which was actually really interesting and I plan on finishing it in the states (it was just about these race car drivers that race in electronic racecars (Formula E racing) and all of their drama) to catch the closing ceremony of the Directors' Fortnight at Theatre Croisette. They were showing All About Yves, which was one of the funniest and most enjoyable films I've seen in my life. There was a literal threesome with a fridge which was just bizarre, and then the fridge went out on stage after the film and got a three-minute standing ovation. It deserved it though. What a performance.

Overall, today was pretty great. I am still pretty sick, but that seems like a problem that can be dealt with after the festival.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flawless Film Review

Never Look Away: German History Through the Lens of Art

Cannes Film Festival Day Five