Cannes Film Festival Day Five

Today was a mixed bag of a day. I slept in a bit after last night's late movie and showed up in time to get in line for the 12:30 panel at the AmPav on various distribution techniques. This panel was my favorite so far because that is actually what I want to do with my career. After the panel, I went back to the Marché to talk with exhibitors and work on my review.

I missed the two movies I was going to see today due to some miscommunication on my part and other issues, but the Rima Das, director of Village Rockstars, talk was really great. Afterward, I decided on a whim to join others at the premiere of Port Authority, and she came with us. That was really cool until it was awkward, as she and everyone else loved the film except for me. I really did not enjoy most of it, but the film itself was well done (I had pretty major issues with the plot and script just from a social context). Overall though, it was a pretty good day.

Comments

  1. Can't wait for class discussion about Port Authority.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flawless Film Review

Never Look Away: German History Through the Lens of Art