Cannes Film Festival Day Eight

TODAY WAS CRAZY. (It's almost three in the morning as I write this so...might be more liberal with my all caps who knows).

I started the day seeing Lillian at 11:30, and this film was in the director's fortnight, but I could not for the life of me tell you why. It was supposedly a story about Lillian (shocking) but she had maybe three lines of dialogue while the film was actually about...something else. I honestly could not tell you. After that, I started to feel really bad so I went back to the apartment to go to sleep. Turned out I had a fever and was getting actually sick, so I decided not to return to the festival.

However, I started to feel marginally better when everyone was getting ready to go back for the Queer Night at the AmPav. I honestly only decided to go because I've been trying to be more social. And right behind me in line was the entire cast and crew of And Then We Danced (will she ever shut up about this movie? Not at this rate because I have something new to say every day). I met the director and got pictures with the stars and talked with them, and then it turned out that they were also going to the party, and then we danced (I find myself funnier than anyone else ever will). We danced with the cast of And Then We Danced for over an hour. After they left, I stayed until the end of the party and then got fries from McDonald's.

Also, it turns out every country has bought distribution rights for the film except for the United States. I will be making a petition shortly if anyone would be interested in signing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flawless Film Review

Never Look Away: German History Through the Lens of Art

Cannes Film Festival Day Two