Cannes Film Festival Day Six

Today was a good day. Most of the day was spent on writing my review - I had been struggling to write a review for A Regular Woman for around three days now, and then this morning I watched the 10:00 showing of Flawless, an Israeli film about high school beauty standards (among other things), and I suddenly was actually inspired and wrote a new review all today. I feel like this review was better than anything I could have turned in before because I actually had enough to say about this movie. It was a great film to follow Port Authority, as Flawless had some similar themes but it handled them so much better in my opinion.

After finishing my review, I headed to the showing of Share at Salle du 60. I had gone to the panel where Pippa Bianco, the director, had spoken, and I really wanted to see her film. It was a very realistic and great conversation piece, but I cannot say I enjoyed watching it. I am happy to have seen it, and I think its goal was to leave you unsettled, which it very much accomplished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flawless Film Review

Never Look Away: German History Through the Lens of Art

Cannes Film Festival Day Five